Monday, September 30, 2013

Transformation Monday

Okay you guys. This is the story of what a difference a year makes. I don't think you're even ready for this.

So this is what my home decor "style" was in 2012 (I am gagging as I type the word "style", because the pictures you are about to see would not fall under the category of style. Please forgive me).







Y'all. Horrific doesn't even sum it up.

Anyhow, I don't know what it was, but I had this huge shift in what I liked as far as interior design (thank GOODNESS). So here's a little glimpse of a few DIY projects that we tackled over the weekend to enhance our little home. I apologize for the phone pictures, but I am planning on taking better pictures this week so you can see it all! :)

Remember the first picture with the awkward rectangles? Well we painted over it, then taped it.... 


Then we spray painted the canvas, pulled the tape off, and voila! We also got new lamps. 


Remember the picture of (half of) the laundry room? With the black little hanging thingie with the blue baskets? Well Deej decided to sand it down today, and spray painted it, and now it's hanging in our guest bathroom (aren't those plants ADORABLE? Ikea, y'all).


Lastly, we needed something to make our bedroom more special, so we bought this sunburst mirror, and we painted our initials together! It was so much fun. 



So there's my transformation (and again, I'm sorry for the poor quality of my iPhone pics). I'm telling you- I will never go back to what I was doing last year. Promise. ;)

xoxo
L



1 comment: